IDF chief approves plans to intensify fighting in north

Zamir
IDF Chief of Staff Lt. Gen. Eyal Zamir holds a situational assessment with senior commanders at Northern Command headquarters, May 24, 2026. (IDF)

“We are determined to further weaken the Iranian terror regime and its capabilities, while maintaining readiness and flexibility for as long as required,” Zamir said.

By The IDF Club

IDF Chief of Staff Lt. Gen. Eyal Zamir held a high-level assessment on Sunday at Northern Command, approving operational plans for the continuation of the campaign against Hezbollah.

During the visit, Zamir met with senior commanders and troops from the 401st Brigade, where he praised their performance on the battlefield and reiterated the military’s readiness to escalate if necessary.

“The IDF continues to monitor regional developments and is prepared to return to intense fighting immediately,” Zamir said. “We are determined to further weaken the Iranian terror regime and its capabilities, while maintaining readiness and flexibility for as long as required.”

Zamir emphasized that operations in the north remain ongoing across multiple fronts, noting that Israeli forces are continuing to strike Hezbollah targets.

“In Northern Command, we are continuing to attack Hezbollah in all dimensions,” he said, stressing that “the security of our civilians and our forces is above all.”

The chief of staff also highlighted the impact of recent operations, telling troops that “everywhere you have operated, you have left behind a battered and weakened enemy fighting for its survival.”

During his visit, Zamir also addressed the recent injury of 401st Brigade commander Col. Meir Biderman, who was wounded in southern Lebanon last week while leading troops in combat. He sent his wishes for a swift recovery and praised the brigade’s leadership.

“There is no force in the world that compares to the courage of our fighters,” Zamir said. “The spirit of leading from the front is what drives them, as demonstrated by the brigade’s commanders.”

Zamir noted that he had approved additional operational plans aimed at intensifying the campaign against Hezbollah’s infrastructure and operatives.

“Our mission is clear,” he said. “To thwart every enemy, destroy terrorist infrastructure, and serve as the forward line of defense for the communities of the north.”

He added that the effort against Hezbollah would remain consistent and unrelenting.

“The strike against Hezbollah is systematic and ongoing,” Zamir said. “We will not let up. We will continue to eliminate terrorists and dismantle the infrastructure that threatens our forces and the residents of northern Israel.”

Leave a Reply

Thank You for joining

IDF News

Videos

Heroes

Weapons